In the Master of Architecture you will gain:
- Cutting-edge skills to help advance built environment design
- Grounding in architectural history, theory and technology so you create innovative architecture, relevant to time and place, people and culture
- Highly developed skills to manage an architectural practice and lead or work within cross-discipline project teams
- A sustainable outlook with the ability to use new materials and technologies to create environmentally sustainable buildings
Considering a career in Architecture?
Our 3 year Master of Architecture is designed for career changers without any prior studies in Architecture. To be considered for entry applicants must have:
• An undergraduate degree in any discipline with a weighted average mark of at least 65% (or equivalent to University of Melbourne standard)
• A design portfolio
• A personal statement outlining relevant prior study and work experience and your motivation to undertake this course
• One design studio subject and one art/architecture/design history subject
The MSD is offering a 2 week intensive subject from Tuesday January 3 for interested students to meet the Design Studio and Architecture History prerequisites. You can enrol in one or both of these subjects depending on what you need to undertake to meet the requirements for entry. Read more...
The Master of Architecture equips graduates with the skills to advance built environment design in professional practice.
The Master of Architecture meets the requirements of the professional associations listed below and undergoes a regular formal review process to ensure the quality and relevance of the program.
- Australian Institute of Architects
- Architects Registration Board of Victoria
- Commonwealth Association of Architects
Completing an accredited degree means you enter the workforce with a stamp of quality on your CV. In a competitive market, an accredited degree is an assurance of quality to employers and an advantage for you. For us, it means we continually strive to improve the quality of the degree in order to retain accreditation. So, you know you are getting the most up-to-date and innovative educational experience.
The Master of Architecture offers you flexibility so you can take a two-year program if you already have a three-year undergraduate degree in Architecture or the three-year program if your first degree is not in architecture and you are making a career change.
Once you have completed the program you can go on to work as an architect in private firms or government departments, or set up your own practice working on residential, commercial and institutional projects.
You may also move into related careers such as industrial design, furniture design, interior design, landscape design, urban design, urban planning, facility management, project management and development, and conservation and heritage management.
Graduates from the Master of Architecture at MSD have gone on to work at many firms in Australia and across the world including:
- Kennedy Nolan Architects
- John Wardle Architects Pty Ltd
- Master Builders Association of Victoria
- Mark Pinney Associates, London
- Jackson Architecture
- Denton Corker Marshall Pty Ltd
- BVN Architecture
- Harvard University
- Architecture Media Pty Ltd
- Land Transport Authority, Singapore
- Cushman Wakefield, Shanghai