The course aims to develop skills in the discipline areas offered by the Melbourne School of Design. Applicants may pursue a prescribed course of study to:
- enhance their existing qualifications;
- assist in a shift towards the disciplines represented within the MSD; and/or,
- lead to further academic studies.
The Graduate Diploma in Built Environments is generic and allows students to create an individual course of study by selecting subjects, with the approval of the Course Coordinator, from across the disciplines of the Melbourne School of Design.
The flexibility this course offers is of great benefit to students who:
- do not wish to specialise in one particular area;
- are not yet certain where their interests and career aspirations lie; or,
- possess an existing qualification in the disciplines represented in the MSD and wish to enhance their qualifications through advanced studies in areas of their choice.